Texas State Railroad
Palestine & Rusk, TX
The Texas State Railroad is an excursion train. This line offers passenger events onboard the vintage steam and diesel locomotives across the celebrated rails of the Piney Woods Route between the East Texas towns of Palestine and Rusk, TX. The events this service offers include daily trips as well as special events that change with the seasons! One of the most popular events during the year is the Polar Express train during the holiday season.
The Texas State Railroad Team is actively looking for energetic, reliable, and dedicated seasonal team members to help bring these events to life!
Applicants must be able to work weekends, evenings, and/or holidays according to the train's event schedule and seasonal impact.
This position requires the following minimum skills and/or qualifications:
- Boarding passengers, collecting tickets, sharing knowledge of region and history of area while maintaining a safe environment for passengers.
- serving customers, keeping inventory and daily sales sheets.
- Position involves serving food and beverage orders.
- Applicants must have a pleasant personality, good hygiene and appearance, with strong people skills.
- This position requires high attention to positive customer service.
- High school education or GED and a minimum of 12 months job-related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Should have a valid driver’s license.
- Required to have a professional appearance and uniforms are mandatory.
- Applicants must be able to work weekends, evenings, and/or holidays according to train schedule and seasonal impact.
Job Type: Part-time